When you are ready to setup web hosting for your website, there are many different options to choose from. In order for you to get your website live to the internet, you have to point your website files to your host. This is called FTP or File Transfer Protocol. Websites can have large files and FTP is a way to upload your website files to your host.
When you setup your host all you are doing is renting web space and bandwidth from a company. In return your upload files and your website is live to the internet. Depending on the kind of website you have your hosting plan will vary. I have listed some key terms when purchasing a web hosting plan to look out for.
- Bandwidth (your traffic funnel)
- Storage (depending on the size of your website)
- Up time (this is when you server is up)
- How many e-mail accounts (depending on your number of employees).
What ever you do stay away from the free hosts, if you care about your customers and business. I know free sounds good, but when we are talking about your host it is not. I will list some downfalls when choosing a free web host.
- Unreliable (here today gone tomorrow with your website).
- No real domain (you use a sub domain of their domain name such as your-name.their-domain.com). You can not build a customer base with that name.
- They have the right to cancel you at anytime for any reason (your return customers have no website to return to).
- Pop ups all the time on your website not even relevant to your content.
Web hosting is affordable with plans that start out about $ 3.99 a month for a basic plan which is plenty for a simple website. I hope this article has helped you in some way, so when you decide to get your website live to the internet you will be one step ahead.
By Mike L Hilton
#writeareviews #websitereviews #websitereview #reviewratings #datingsitereviews #weddingsitereview #freereviews #websitereview #reviewsfromkids